Art Therapist Opening
At Infinity, we believe in open lines of communication regarding any of our employment positions. Please feel free to ask questions regarding pay, benefits, job responsibilities, etc. at any point during the application process. Please contact Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at (860) 518-5557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a clinician who is passionate about seeing art spark a positive change in others? Are you a creative, out-of the-box thinker, who finds joy in sharing clinical ideas with others? Are you looking for a place to help you grow? If so, Infinity is looking for you! We have an immediate need for an art therapist to join our team (ATR-P with a supervisor, ATR, ATR-BC). We want your ideas, your energy, and passion
Hours: This position will start at per-diem with as little as one case per month. We have received art therapy referrals over the years but have been unable to fill the need. Our plan is to get an art therapist on our team and begin to market services. Given our outreach and our connection, we are confident in our ability to add clients to the caseload at a steady rate. The work week will be comprised of direct client contact, office hours for planning and documentation, team meetings, and traveling in between clients.
Schedule: We are hoping to hire a clinician sooner than later but we are able to offer a somewhat flexible start date for the right clinician. This position will include daytime, afternoon, and evening hours based upon the needs of our clients. Due to the per diem nature of this position, we are able to work with you on what days you will work. This position does require some flexibility in order to make up cancelled sessions as appropriate or attend team meetings for the clients you will be serving. The vast majority of our clients request services between 3:00pm-7:00pm at night during the week or on 9:30am-4:30pm on the weekends. As a member of our team, you will be expected to attend team meetings as scheduled at our Southington clinic on Tuesday mornings from 9:15am-11:15am. Days will vary in length.
Location: This caseload may include sessions at our Southington clinic, Telehealth, in homes, in schools, and in facilities throughout the state. Should you apply for this position, you will be asked to identify your travel radius. Infinity currently serves the entire state and we are open to marketing services in various counties. We have received the most referrals for art therapy in Hartford County to date.
Team-based Model: Infinity works on a team-based model. We believe in coming together to make agency decisions, collaborate on cases, participate in team-trainings, and engage in self-care. This means that we co-treat on cases, any member of our team may provide supervision as requested by another member of our team, and we work collaboratively to cover cases to ensure that when a member of our team is off, they can focus 100% on self-care. A supervisor is always on call, so you will never handle tough decisions alone. Every member of our clinical team is provided a work cellphone so even if you are “alone” in the field, you are never really alone.
Salary: This position will begin hourly. Your hours will include direct client time, travel time in between clients, planning time, documentation time, etc. Once a part-time caseload is established of approximately ten (10) clinical contact hours per week, you will be transitioned to a salaried position. Our full-time salary starts at $40k/yr plus benefits; part-time staff are paid a proportionate salary to their schedule. Salary is based on a variety of factors including experience in our target populations, advanced trainings, and other skills you may possess. We believe in financial stability for our team. Once salaried, you will receive your full salary regardless of inclement weather closings, school vacations, client cancellations, or holidays impacting their schedule. You are compensated for your planning time, commute time between clients, and even your time sanitizing/ cleaning materials. If you’re working, you should be getting paid.
Responsibilities: As a member of our team, you will be expected to provide individual and group art therapy sessions to children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological needs, wellness needs, etc. (As you grow with us, we will work hard to build your caseload with your desired populations). You will be expected to write treatment plans, keep accurate data, write clinical reports, and ensure that client schedules are maintained. You will participate in treatment team meetings, assist with team functions including marketing events, and complete general administrative tasks such as keeping your timesheet and maintaining client budget spreadsheets. In addition, you may be asked to fulfill non-clinical responsibilities such as teaching art lessons or providing art enrichment groups.
Populations/ Types of Sessions: The biggest populations served at Infinity include children diagnosed with Autism, Down Syndrome, and communication disorders, children in foster care with and without a mental health diagnosis, and adults with developmental disabilities within a group home or day program setting. Our services are spread out between being in clinic, in home, in school (on the IEP), and in group home settings. We also receive referrals for adults in memory care settings, drug and alcohol rehab, children and adults with problem sexual behaviors, and individuals without a diagnosis looking for art enrichment/ art lessons. Our sessions are evenly divided between group and individual settings.
Benefits: We are proud to offer our employees a variety of benefits. At Infinity, we believe in opportunities for growth and we look to increase benefits for our staff as their caseload grows and they dedicate time to Infinity. Our benefits packages typically run from $3k-$7k based upon whether an employee is part-time or full-time and the number of years they have dedicated to Infinity.
Our benefits for our part-time staff include:
- Professional liability insurance (at hire)
- Comprehensive lending library of materials including paint, brushes, glue, scissors, etc. (at hire)
- Monthly self-care workshops (at hire)
- Access to group rates for AFLAC (supplemental health insurance, after 90 days of employment)
- Health Insurance Reimbursement (with a minimum work week of 20hrs and after 90 days of employment)
- Stipend for continuing education (with a minimum work week of 20hrs and after 90 days of employment)
- Paid Time Off (after 6-months of employment)
- Paid Holidays (once salaried)
- Paid leave for continuing education (after 6-months of employment)
- Group and individual supervision (at hire)
- Work Cell Phone (within 30 days of hire)
- Free coffee/ tea at our clinic (at hire-sometimes it’s the little things!)
- Opportunities for growth including being able to represent Infinity as a presenter at local and national conferences, assisting in designing programs, supervising interns, assisting with marketing, etc.
- Direct Deposit
- Office Suite
- HIPAA compliant email
Infinity’s Claim to Fame: We believe we are the future of healthcare and we’d love for you to be part of that journey. Here are some of our team’s accomplishments:
- Only practice in the state of CT offering Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth (MTACB) and Music Therapy Creative Arts Birth Education (MTCAB)
- Featured on NBC CT
- Featured on Forget Dis’ Podcast, The Record Journal (local newspaper), The Day (local newspaper), MusicTherapyEd.com, and Your Mind Matters Radio Show
- Presented as a team on self-care in the workplace at the New England Region Music Therapy Conference
- Our team presents 15+ times a year at the local and national level regarding the applications of music in healthcare and education
- Our Director of Services has 3 continuing education courses through the Spiegal Academy
- We have supported over 25 interns through 3 different internship/ field study programs
This position is for you if….
- You have experience working with children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- You love getting feedback (how else do we grow?).
- You love giving feedback to others and growing as a team.
- You are confident in your art skills and counseling skills.
- A full inbox is a nightmare! You are quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- You are comfortable commuting to your sessions and you have reliable transportation.
- You are committed to growing your clinical skills.
- You can effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- You are a flexible, go with the flow type of person.
- You are a strong clinical writer.
- You can work independently and seamlessly transition to a group model.
- You are interested in developing a program from the ground up.
We definitely want to hear from you if…
- You are comfortable using sign language within art therapy.
- You have experience teaching adaptive art lessons.
- You speak Spanish.
- You are able to balance your work and your personal life and actively utilize self-care strategies.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You understand the nature of private practice.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You constantly have “last minute” things that pop up.
- The thought of asking a question to a supervisor makes you nervous.
- You are not comfortable with traveling to your appointments.
- You are not willing to commit to a minimum of a year of service. (We need someone to grow with us that we can help support professionally and who wants to make a strong difference in our clients’ lives.)
- You are disorganized.
- You believe private practice is a “starter job”.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at email@example.com. Questions regarding the position can also be directed to the same email account or you can contact her at (860) 518-5557.
- Cover Letter: Please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice, your available start date, and what populations you are comfortable serving
- Current Resume: include information about the clientele you have served at any sites you have worked at
- A paragraph of what you expect from a supervisor
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for an 8-year-old with Autism who loves Disney with a focus on self-regulation. Please include two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each.
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for a group of 15-year old adolescents in therapy for anger management. Please include two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each.
- A short video demonstrating an art therapy directive and your rationale for choosing it.
196 Queen Street
Southington, CT 06489
General Questions/ Referrals:
Main Line (860) 518-5557
Fax (888) 200-4093